Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Same stuff, different summer

I have this problem.

EVERY SUMMER.

It's like somehow my body knows it is July or something. I'm not sure if it is the change of temperature, less structure in my day, or the fact that I don't have to be up at 5:30a.m.,(probably that one!) but I can't sleep. It is quite frustrating. I mean, I don't even have any lessons to plan (which is one of my favorite things to do when I can't sleep! I get some of my best ideas!) and I really don't have much to worry about so I just lie there.....

in the dark.....

waiting....

to fall asleep....

It's quite frustrating because it causes another bad cycle - the need for a daytime nap. I REALLY don't want to become dependent on that because it's a hard one to break or carry on during on the school year. HA HA. I have just trained my brain to quietly shut off at 2 o'clock during the school year to simulate a nap.
Anyway, I'm stepping up the frequency and intensity of my exercise routines this week to see if it helps. I think I'll also use some of my massage gift certificate and see if I can't get some of the aches and pains in my bones and muscles worked out.
On the up-side - I do love seeing The Daily Show and the Colbert report in real time!

No comments: